Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Must Your Dog Travel With You Everywhere?

I was typing on my computer in a bookstore minding my own business. All of a sudden some absent minded dog dressed in a cute puppy costume ran toward me and peed on my cheap boots. As I felt the warm urine penetrate my supposedly waterproof shoes, I wondered why there was a dog dressed in a cute puppy costume in the building. Does this particular bookstore double as a dog grooming facility also?

Some bad dog owner then runs up to the dog and says, “That’s a bad boy.” Like the dog cares. What about the fact that my shoe and socks is soaked with warm urine? Do I get an apology? Of course not!

I get it. Your dog in that cute puppy costume is part of your family. You love it like it was one of your own children. You probably love your dog more than your children. But, must it come with you everywhere? Unless you are blind or a bad dog owner, dogs do not belong in bookstores.

Hey bad dog owner! Not everyone likes dogs dressed in cute puppy costumes. Some people, like me, hate them because they drool and pee everywhere. Others are afraid of their erratic behavior. Do us all a favor. Leave your dog outside!

No comments: