Saturday, January 26, 2008

My cousin, the English scholar…

I like young children and adults but teenagers I find obnoxious. But, nonetheless I am forced to interact with the ones I’m related to. So when my fourteen year old cousin came over for a visit after school I decided to ask her about her day. Do you know the response I received?

“Like oh my gosh, I like totally think my English teacher is like totally way evil because she like totally gave me a D on my paper.”

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Does what you just said qualify as English? If so, what dialect is that? What you just said makes absolutely no sense to me.

Is that how you express yourself while discussing Romeo and Juliet? If so, thank your teacher for giving you a D. You deserve an F. Do all of your friends talk just like you? Do you guys understand each other? If so, then dissecting the Canterbury Tales should be no problem at all, right?

My cousin should enroll in ESL classes because right now she is not fluent in English. It’s interesting because I remember her at age 2 and her English was much better then than it is now.

No comments: